Caribbean, Jamaica - Bedrooms: 4, Bathrooms: 4
In Caribbean-style architecture, spaces are defined by airy octagonal gazebos and high cedar ceilings. Pretty blue and white fabrics and cool marble floors are throughout. Each bedroom opens to a sitting area for private afternoon naps or all-day gazing at the changing light on the Caribbean Sea ~ practically at your doorstep.
Eye-opener coffee trays are silently presented outside each bedroom door while guests are still asleep. Morning walks down the long beach are energizing. Sunset beach walks are beautiful. Nighttime walks to the point reveal the sparkling lights of the town of Montego Bay across the water.
Four bedrooms and the living room are connected by a long furnished marble verandah. The verandah adjoins the pool terrace, where cool drinks and evening hors d'oeuvres are served under the palm trees. Most weeks, a special treat is dinner on the beach.
Just beyond the verandah and pool, a terraced walkway leads to the second of 2 outdoor showers, lower waterfront terrace, beach and sea. On calm evenings, you may see our local fishermen laying their nets by torchlight. If the night produces a good catch, they'll return early in the morning with fresh fish or lobster to sell to the Serenity cook for tonight's dinner.
Serenity shares a basketball hoop and private tennis court with neighboring Tranquillity (bring racquets and balls). Combining Serenity and Tranquillity creates a 10-bedroom compound with 2 pools, tennis court, long beachfront and staff of 10. Beyond Tranquility is our glamorous neighbor, Noble House on the Beach, which accommodates 8 or 10 more guests. Combining these 3 homes creates 14-bedroom compound with 3 pools, tennis court, long beachfront and staff of 18. This remarkable waterfront trio is a favorite for weddings and family reunions. All 3 villas are child friendly and very private from each other.
100 yards offshore is Holden's Reef, a continuation of the barrier reef complex that fronts much of Jamaica's north coast. Easily reachable by kayak, this live reef is home to a myriad of tropical fish and corals. At low tide, portions protrude above the water so you can step from your kayak to snorkel in shallow water. On the ocean side, deeper waters beckon the more adventurous or scuba equipped.
If you've left your pets behind while you take a vacation, be advised that Serenity is home to our lovable 9-year-old Rhodesian Ridgeback, Jimmy, and our new puppy, Spot. They love guests and are playful but gentle.
To drift off to sleep to the sound of waves lapping on the beach is a dream come true.
Accommodation Details: Three air-conditioned 400-square-foot bedrooms are equal in size ~ soft and romantic with kingsize beds and Ralph Lauren wallpapers. Six softly-curtained French doors open from each bedroom to the long verandah and view of the sea just steps away. The smaller fourth bedroom is located between the Master Bedroom and Bedroom 2.
Master Bedroom: Kingsize bed, cable television. En-suite bathroom with walk-in shower and double sink vanity. Opens to large covered very private verandah where guests will find their eye-opener coffee tray each morning.
Bedroom 2: Kingsize bed, cable television, right next to the swimming pool. Mirrored en-suite bathroom has walk-in shower.
Bedroom 3: Optional kingsize or twin beds, cable television. En-suite bathroom has deep bathtub and shower combination. Also a very private whimsical second shower in a walled garden (favorite of parents and children alike). This bedroom connects to Bedroom 4 for the convenience of family units.
Bedroom 4: 200 square feet - Optional kingsize or twin beds, en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower. A connecting door opens to Bedroom 3 (with bathtub) for convenience of parents and children. A louvred window also opens between these connecting rooms. Parents or nannies can adjust the louvers to stay open or closed in the night. Bedroom 4 is suitable for adults or children.
* Charming 4-bedroom/4 bathroom beachfront villa
* HEATED POOL ~ solar heat panels installed November 2011 plus over-the-beach waterfront terrace
* Excellent staff: cook, butler, chambermaid, night watchman, laundress
* Complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access (bring your laptop)
* 2 complimentary sea kayaks, snorkels, masks, flippers
* Tennis court shared with neighboring Tranquillity on the Beach
* 5 cable televisions including 32" plasma in living room
* DVD, VCR, CD player and 4-speaker sound system
* Library of movies and music CDs
* Closet safes, hairdryers and pique bathrobes
* Child friendly - beach toys, crib, high chair, children's books & movies
* Handicap accessible
* Round Hill Beach Club Membership: A special amenity available to Serenity on the Beach guests is membership at Round Hill ... just minutes from Serenity and one of the finest private resorts in Jamaica. Membership entitles guests to access Round Hill's private beach, fitness center (treadmill, free weights, rowing machine, guided aerobics) and tennis on hard-surface courts lit for night play and with pro on call. (Charges apply to lessons and ball boys.) Round Hill also offers a jogging trail, gift shop, beach bar, piano bar, Continental cuisine ... and unforgettable sunsets from the waterfront terrace. For additional charges, members may enjoy the spa, Pineapple Kids Club, water sports and parties (Monday beach party, Wednesday Caribbean Curry Night, Friday Jamaica Night). The Business Center has high-speed broadband stations and printers. Round Hill was chosen by Conde Nast for inclusion on its Gold List of "the best places to stay in the whole world."
* The Tryall Club Membership: Among the most beautiful golf courses in the world, Tryall's 18 hillside and seaside fairways have been home to the Johnnie Walker, Mazda and other PGA championship events. The resident pro offers workshops. Spend days on the sunny beach while waiters serve you from the beach bar. Play tennis on nine Nova Cushion courts lighted for night play ~ all white required. Jog the trails, use the excellent gym and the complimentary Internet room. Snorkeling, kayaking, hobie cat and sunfish sailing are complimentary. Glass bottom boat trips, charter fishing boats, a boat to the reef and any captained craft attract various fees. Enjoy the historic Great House with afternoon tea, bar, boutique, cigar and jewelry shop. Here, too, is the Great House Restaurant for Continental and Jamaican dining should you wish to dine away from the villa an evening or two. Tryall is truly one of the distinctive private clubs of the world.
Location: Montego Bay
Villa Features: Air-Conditioned Bedrooms, Baby Crib, Bathrobes, CD Player, Cable TV, DVD Player, Free Long Distance Phone Calls, Hair Dryers, Handicap Access, High Chair, High Speed Internet Access, I-Pod Docking Station, Outdoor Shower, Plasma TV, Safe, Tennis Court
Staff: Butler, Cook, Laundress, Maid(s), Pool Man, Security
Bedding: 2 King(s), 4 Twin(s)
Distances: 20 Minutes to Airport, 10 Minutes to Golf, 15 Minutes to Shopping, 15 Minutes to Town
Beach: On the Beach
Pool: Private Pool
|Nov 18, 2015 - Dec 14, 2016||4||$ 1,229|
Maximum Occupancy: 8 guests. 2 additional children are accepted, please call for rates
Children are welcome
Pets are not allowed
Check In Time: 1:00pm Check Out Time: 11:00am
Christmas/New Year's rates available upon request.
Weddings: This villa is available for weddings. It requires a minimum one-week rental at full house rate. For "sister" villas where additional guests are accommodated, there is a seven night minimum in High Season and a five night minimum in Low Season.
Maximum guest count for any event surrounding a wedding is 25. A $15 per person surcharge applies to outside guests (in excess of double occupancy per bedroom) who attend a rehearsal dinner, the wedding reception, brunch or any other hospitality event at the wedding villa.